2nd and 3rd grades
In alternating years Form Two follows the themes of “The American Adventure” and “The Heroic Quest.”
Year One — The American Adventure: A Pioneering Spirit
This year is composed of the following units:
• The First Americans: Living with the Land
• The Early English Settlers: Surviving in a New World
• The Thirteen Colonies: Building a New Life
• The New Nation: Establishing our Identity
• The Push West: Seeking Adventure
• The Final Frontiers: Exploring the Unknown
Year Two — The Heroic Quest
This academic year is composed of the following units:
• The Heroic Quest: A Life of Virtue
• Military Heroes: Armed for Battle
• Heroes on a Mission: Heeding the Call
• Heroes Against All Odds: Courage to Do Hard Things
• The Artist’s Quest: Capturing Beauty and Truth
• Heroes in Disguise: I Can Be a Hero!
Click here for examples of the rich literature used during each unit year.
The various academic skill-building curricula used in Form Two are detailed on the Curriculum page.