Kindergarten and First grade
Our Kindergarten program operates Monday–Thursday only. First graders attend Monday - Fridays.
In alternating years Form One follows the themes of “This Is My Father’s World” and “Real and Pretend.”
Year One – This Is My Father’s World
This year is based on the hymn of the same name and the units are as follows:
• My Father’s World: Creation
• My Listening Ears: Created in God’s Image
• All Nature Sings: Patterns and Classification
• The Music of the Spheres: Light and Darkness
• I Rest Me: Rhythms of Rest
• Of Rocks and Trees: Growing and Changing
• Of Skies and Seas: Creative and Caring
Year Two – Real and Pretend
This year is composed of the following units:
• Dinosaurs and Dragons: Digging for Truth
• Countries and Kingdoms: Discovering my Place
• The Christ and Christmas: Jesus is the Reason
• Citizens and Character: Discovering my Role
• Truth and Tales: The Greatest Story of All
• Angels and Fairies: Faith in the Unseen
Click here for examples of the quality children's literature woven into various Form One units each year.
The various academic skill-building curricula used in Form One are detailed on the Curriculum page.